Mmm, I love stuffed peppers. You can’t exactly dehydrate a whole stuffed pepper and rehydrate it at your campsite though. While this doesn’t have the aesthetics of a beautifully stuffed pepper, the flavor is very similar. So when you are done preparing this recipe, close your eyes and pretend that you just cut up your beautifully stuffed pepper and you won’t know the difference.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup dried ground beef
- 2 tablespoon dried onions
- 3 tablespoon dried bell peppers
- 2 tsps dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried tomato sauce, or tomato powder
- 1 tbsp chopped dried tomatoes
- 3/4 cups instant rice
- 1 tbsp dried milk powder (optional, I like my stuffed peppers with sour cream, this mimics that creaminess)
Add all ingredients to your lightweight container of choice. At your campsite, mix the contents of the bag with enough water that if you rest the tip of your index finger on the dry ingredients the water will come up to your first knuckle. Simmer over your heat source until everything is rehydrated, adding water if needed.