Pressed for time? Want to serve your family a healthy meal in about 20 minutes? This is your ticket. Not only is it fast and easy, it’s also very cheap and nutritious.
- 2 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- one onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- one bag of coleslaw vegetables
- 2 packages of Ramen noodles, spice packets discarded
- Protein: any leftover meat, cut into bite-size pieces, or 4 eggs
- scallions cut into 2-inch pieces (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil water and soak Ramen noodles until soft. Then drain the liquid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat in a very large wok or skillet.
- Add the coleslaw vegetables, the onion, and the garlic. Sautee until the onion and cabbage are soft.
- Transfer the vegetables to a separate dish and heat the other tablespoon of oil in the wok.
- Break apart the noodles and add them to the hot oil. Cook for a minute, tossing frequently.
- Add the protein. If using eggs scramble the eggs and add them to the noodles.
- When the protein is heated through or the egg is done, add the vegetables back in and season with pepper.
- Make a well in the center and add the soy sauce and honey. Mix until blended and then toss and mix everything well. Add the scallions if using and cook a minute longer. Serve and enjoy.